Arbonia increases profit by over 70% and sets a course for the future
Annual results 2020 (continuing and discontinued operations)
- Currency-adjusted revenue growth of 2.1%
- Revenue decrease in Swiss francs of 1.4%
- EBITDA1: +25.9% from CHF 125.4 million to CHF 157.8 million.
- EBIT: +84.6% from CHF 39.7 million to CHF 73.3 million.
- Group result: +71.4% from CHF 26.2 million to CHF 44.9 million.
- Combined dividend payment for the financial years 2019 and 2020 of CHF 0.47 (CHF 0.22 for 2019 and CHF 0.25 for 2020)
Strategic pillars and a trend-setting organisation as of July 2021
- Integration of the Sanitary Equipment Division into the Doors Division: focus on wood and glass solutions
- Change of leadership in the HVAC Division: Ulrich Bornkessel steps down as CEO of the HVAC Division and member of Arbonia Group Management due to age and, as planned, hands over to the Division's long-standing COO, Alexander Kaiss
- From summer 2021, the new Arbonia will consist of two similarly large, focused divisions and a lean group management
- New holding structure and governance as of April 2022: Alexander von Witzleben steps down as CEO as planned at the 2022 Annual General Meeting and is simultaneously proposed to the General Meeting as Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Expanded focus on sustainability: First publication of a GRI-compliant sustainability report as an integral part of the 2020 annual report
Arbon, 2 March 2021 - For the financial year 2020, currency-adjusted revenue growth of 2.1% and in Swiss francs a decline of -1.4% from CHF 1416.0 million to CHF 1396.3 million resulted for the continuing and discontinued operations. The measures for a targeted increase in profitability ensured that EBITDA increased by 25.9%, compared to the previous year, to CHF 157.8 million (previous year: CHF 125.4 million, with one-time effects mainly from closures and ramping up of production plants). This corresponds to an EBITDA margin of 11.3% compared to 8.9% in the previous year. EBIT benefited disproportionally from this positive development and increased by 84.6% to CHF 73.3 million (previous year: CHF 39.7 million). Despite a lower financial result due to the appreciation of the Swiss franc and a higher tax burden due to the better pre-tax result, Arbonia was able to increase its group result by 71.4% to CHF 44.9 million (previous year: CHF 26.2 million).
Derived from these earnings figures, cash flow from operating activities increased by 26.4% from CHF 111.8 million to CHF 141.3 million and the free cash flow by 527.3% from CHF 8.4 million to CHF 52.5 million.
Explanations, definitions, and reconciliations for the alternative performance key figures are found in the annual report 2020 on pages 209 - 214.
1 As a comparison for analyst consensus:
- EBITDA without one-time effects: +18.1% from CHF 134.8 million to CHF 159.2 million.
- EBIT without one-time effects: +44.5% from CHF 52.3 million to CHF 75.6 million.
- Group results without one-time effects: +28.0% from CHF 36.5 million to CHF 46.7 million.
Sustainability report 2020 (.pdf)
Factsheet Alexander Kaiss (.pdf)
Press release (.pdf)
Key figures 2015 - 2020 (.pdf)
Arbonia Group structure as of 1 July 2021 (.pdf)
Alexander Kaiss (.jpg)
Key figures 2020 (.pdf)